Local SEO is a powerful tool in your marketing arsenal. It’s what Google uses to rank local businesses in their search engine results pages, which means if it’s done right, you’ll be able to compete with the big guys and get ranked on the first page of Google for your keywords. This blog post will teach you how to do just that!
The Most Important Local SEO Strategies to Grow Your Business are:
- Claim and optimize your GMB listing for local SEO – Be sure that your Google My Business listing is laid out correctly on a mobile device. Make sure all information, including your website’s name and address, is displayed correctly.
- Improve the Google indexing of your business information – Create high-quality content that search engines will use. Content should include images, videos, and informative articles that clearly explain the services you offer.
- Use Google Analytics to track your website traffic – You can track where people go on your site. For example, if more than half of them leave after viewing one page, it might be time to add something to make that first page much more relevant.
- Implement a Google search console for your business – You can track keywords and highlight important content that is most likely to be indexed by Google.
- Use internal links to your website – Linking back from homepages, text articles, and other relevant pages will help to increase the amount of quality incoming links you have. It will also help the search engine to determine which pages are most relevant to their visitors.
- Use local keywords for your website text – You need to target city and state-specific searches to get people from that town, or even a few miles radius around it, onto your site. The right SEO company in Atlanta can assist you with this strategy using local seo rank checkers.
- Make your website mobile-friendly – For most people, the search they perform on their phones is more likely to influence them enough to make a purchase. Therefore, you need to ensure that your site loads properly and functions correctly for those searching on their phones.
- Have business cards printed and spread out around – This will give you the opportunity to hand out your business cards to people visiting your city or those who live in that area. In addition, these local SEO rank strategies can get people interested in what you offer immediately.
- Use videos on your website to improve your Google ranking – You should not only have a few videos on your site, but you may want to consider creating at least one video that showcases what you do best. This will help people start looking around your site immediately.
- Be consistent with your local SEO campaigns – You need to keep working on these strategies to improve the search engine rankings of your business in your local area.
Optimizing your website for local ranking on Google is a process that takes time and commitment. These SEO tips should help you get started in the right direction.